The Blessing of Grace
We have all heard the conversation that goes something like this: “You’re lucky.” And the next person says, “I’m not lucky, I’m blessed.” I saw a license with the word ‘blessed’ on the plate recently. Without question, God has blessed us tremendously. However, can we say we are more aware of the greater blessing? Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems a lot of people are more aware of material and physical blessings than they are of spiritual blessings. I read a section in Ephesians 1:3-14 and paused there because it brought to mind the rich spiritual blessings that are clearly laid out in that passage. It is essential to consider whether we value the nonmaterial, invisible, and imperishable spiritual blessings, the blessings of grace, more than we value material or physical blessing. Let’s check out the blessing of grace that Paul lays out in Ephesians.
- God has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavens. (v3) Is it not true that “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places IN Christ” is far greater than just being blessed materially or physically? Sweet things, as soon as we are united to Christ by faith, we possess every spiritual blessing in the heavens. Wow. Thank you, Lord!
- He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. (v4) What a blessing, indeed!
- God loves us and favors us. According to His will, He adopted us through Jesus Christ for Himself. (v5-6) God loves us and deals with us so graciously!
- He redeemed us through Christ’s blood; we have forgiveness through the richness of his grace that he lavished on us. (v7-8) Thank you, Lor,d!
- He made known to us a sacred secret. (v9-10) Jesus Christ of Nazareth will return to the earth and reign as King of kings and Lord of lords.
- We have received an inheritance in Him. (v11) This inheritance encourages us to look with hope to the time when all true believers will be the Bride of the Lamb. Amen.
- We were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit when we heard the message of truth and believed in Him. He is the downpayment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory. (v13,14) Just as in legal matters a seal indicates ownership and security, so it does in divine affairs. Thank you, Lord, for sealing us with Your Holy Spirit!
I can’t say thank you enough Lord for blessing me in every way. Help me become more aware of Your great blessing of grace than I am of any other way I am blessed. Help me to prioritize that in my life. Thank you for spiritual blessings, thank you for allowing me to be holy and blameless in Your sight, thank you for loving me and adopting me, thank you for redeeming me and forgiving me, thank you for allowing me to know the sacred secret, and thank you for my spiritual inheritance. I desire to bear much fruit so that you receive all the glory. It is in the name of Jesus that I thank you, for I am indeed spiritually blessed!
In His grace,